The Credit Administrator is responsible for collecting, administering, and managing the accounts receivable portfolio, receiving, and resolving accounts receivable calls and providing customers with current monthly statements. They will also prepare monthly multi-state sales and use tax returns as well as customer setups. This position will reconcile AR aging, this includes but not limited to, contacting customers on a professional and timely basis to secure payments on past due accounts. This position will work closely with the Account Managers completing, submitting, and following up on liens as necessary per request.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set up and maintenance of account master files in ERP system.
- Management and maintenance of an accounts receivable portfolio, minimizing company risk while sustaining healthy profitable customer relationships
- Solicit payments from customers in accordance with terms with an objective of meeting or exceeding key A/R performance targets using effective telephone collections, reconciliation of A/R, customer visits and written correspondence.
- Evaluate new customer applications for credit and approve or recommend credit limits within company authorization levels
- Review and evaluate existing customer credit limits on a regular basis and approve or recommend increases where appropriate, within company authorization levels
- Maintain detailed follow-up notes in the system for each account
- Review and approve orders as required in a timely fashion
- Liaison with accounting department on a regular basis, as required
- Meet with sales staff regularly to address customer issues and non-payment
- Keep abreast of industry trends and review weekly/monthly monitoring reports to identify potential collection problems
- Prepare accounts for third party collections, bad debt reserve and write off
- Excellent communication skills and a strong ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to solicit and gain assistance where required, and to maintain composure when dealing with difficult situations
- A thorough understanding of all aspects of credit and collections, including account maintenance and reconciliation, collection of past due accounts and credit analysis
- Accounting or Business Degree from accredited college or university or
- A minimum five years related experience in a computerized A/R environment
Benefits package includes Medical Insurance, Free Dental insurance, 4001K, Short Term disability, Long term disability, Life insurance, Employee Assistance Program, PTO, 8 Paid Holidays and other discounts.
VERY LOW MEDICAL PREMIUMS, EXCELLENT BENEFITS PACKAGE!!