The Production Supervisor is responsible to manage the daily activities of the food plant operations. This position requires attention to detail, and most importantly, assures all food safety policies and procedures are strictly adhered to.
- Report to work as scheduled, following established personal hygiene standards
- Lead and direct the production staff to achieve the daily production schedule
- Ensure facility Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) are followed
- Ensure the adherence to established OHSA, FDA and USDA standards
- Assist in the management of internal food safety and quality standards
- Assure product is manufactured to recipe specifications
- Be safety and security conscious, adhere to the guidelines in the Facility Safety Manual, and report any accidents or incidents to the General Manager immediately
- Assure production lines start on time and pre-operational inspections are conducted as directed
- Assure Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOPs) are followed as directed
- Assure all inspections are accurately conducted and documented following facility policy
- Make decisions within agreed limits
- Provide maintenance with concise information to assist in breakdowns
- Assist in the continuing improvement of plant performance
- Effectively communicate with all levels in the organization, including senior management.
- High School Diploma or the equivalent
- Knowledge of GMP’s and food manufacturing principles
- Good computer and data entry skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to all levels within the company
- Ability to take both written and verbal direction
- Team player to achieve overall goals
- Self-starter with a high attention to detail
- Practical knowledge of manufacturing troubleshooting techniques
- Must be available for possible rotating shifts (including 2nd shift and weekends) and holidays
- Ability to train, coach, and/or mentor others.
- Comfortable reading technical manuals, recipes, and regulations.
- Bilingual with Spanish a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, bend, and twist; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects and controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel or crouch; and talk and hear. Must frequently lift and / or move up to 50 lbs. and occasionally lift and / or move up to 65 lbs. Environmental conditions include cold, wet, allergen, noise, and fume / chemical / odor exposure from raw materials and sanitation chemicals.