Leading edge, international aviation company, located in Boise, Idaho is seeking a full-time production assistant. The ideal candidate will have the ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment, with exceptional attention to detail and a passion to make a positive difference in the aviation industry. A wide degree of creativity and adaptability is expected. Candidate must be proficient in ability to perform a variety of tasks and must be a self-starter. This position is full-time with benefits upon successful completion of the 90-day probationary period.
This position will assist with the oversite and administration of production to ensure manufactured items ship in a timely manner. Responsible for the manufacture products according to work instructions, drawings and guidelines, utilizing production equipment. This position is a unique opportunity to gain practical experience working within and supporting a business specializing in innovative new products in the aviation industry. In this position you will be accountable for working across the organization to facilitate internal communication, and focus on identifying and mitigating areas of risk that could otherwise negatively impact cost, schedule, performance, and quality standards.
- Assist with the oversite of production orders to ensure on-time shipment.
- Liaison between Customer Service, STC, Manufacturing and Warehouse.
- Assist with the management of finished goods allocation.
- Assist with warehouse activities as necessary.
- Assembles products according to work instructions, drawings and guidelines.
- Identify and prepare inventory for production workflow. i.e. verify correct parts are staged appropriately for efficient assembly.
- Provide recommendations to improve quality and workflow.
- Assist with testing of production output.
- Troubleshoots problems and makes necessary adjustments to equipment set ups.
- Train and mentor new technicians.
- Inspect and test parts and products as necessary, during or after assembly according to established guidelines and quality standards.
- Participate in the creation and revision of standard operating procedures and work instructions.
- High School Diploma required; Associates Degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- 3 or more years of related office experience in one of the following areas: Customer Service, Sales Support, General Accounting
- Proficient in all Microsoft Software. Microsoft Dynamics and Salesforce CRM system knowledge a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate with a diverse audience at various levels and all countries and cultures within the organization
- Effective listening skills
- Possess the ability to develop a clear understanding of our business and our diverse products
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong initiative; Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; Attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment
- Strong interpersonal skills; Strong team player
- Ability to build strong internal/external business partnerships
- Motivated, high-potential performer, with demonstrated ability to influence and lead
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change
- Teachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
- Ability to perform well in a fast paced work environment while under pressure and enjoy being busy all day
- Must be DETAIL ORIENTED, have exceptional organizational skills, and ability to Multi-Task while working under pressure and deadlines.
- Be “Process” oriented and be committed to the position.
- Able to take direction and work equally well independently and as part of a team
To apply, please forward your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
For more information: https://www.asu-nvg.com/about_us/careers/job_openings/production_assistant/