The value of SWIMA membership is in the power associated with being part of a network of manufacturers, supply chain partners, business advisors, and strategic partners. SWIMA provides the connections to establish business relationships among its members, sharing in a culture of learning, innovation, and growth.
Current member benefits include:
• Free quarterly meeting attendance*
• Member-only site tours
• Discounts on all SWIMA workshops, seminars or lunch & learn opportunities
• Reduced cost for apprenticeship participation
• Eligibility in our Association 401K Plan offered through PensionMark
• Free booth space at the annual Made Here Expo & Job Fair
• Discounted tickets to the annual VIP Reception
• Member portal site with membership directory, resources, event calendars
• Free job postings on our website and SWIMA promotion of jobs on social media
• Free or discounted meeting space at SBDC Business Accelerators
• Discounts on courses through Boise State Center for Professional Development**
• Professional services discounts with TechHelp**
• Discounts on promotional product orders through International Minute Press**
• Insurance Hotline, in partnership with Moreton & Company**
• Employment Hotline, in partnership with Hawley Troxell **
• PartnerShip shipping discount program (LTL and truckload shipments)
New member benefits in the works:
• Idaho or Regional manufacturing salary survey
• Idaho Manufacturers Database
• Increased workforce development initiatives
SWIMA’s Membership is a tiered structure offering memberships for manufacturing companies and representatives, as well as Associate and Partner organizations. All applicants must embrace the core principles and be willing to collaborate and work with other members.
Manufacturers are defined as “establishments engaged in the mechanical, physical, or chemical transformation of materials, substances, or components into new products”. Any person employed by a manufacturing firm is eligible to apply for membership on behalf of the company.
Supply chain members are those that provide materials or processes directly involved in the manufacturing of goods.
Associate members are defined as providers of goods or services to manufacturers. These providers may be financial or business advisors, banking and lending representatives, or professional services/consultants.
Partner members are local or state governments, agencies, economic development entities or educational institutions.
|*FTE = Full-time equivalent|
|Guest Attendee||Fee for attending meetings as a non-member, first-time attendees are free! All other events are for Members only.||$25 /meeting|
|Individual||Contact SWI-MA for details.||$100 /year|
|Manufacturer – Level I||Company with 1-5 FTE Employees||$100 /year|
|Manufacturer – Level II||Company with 6-20 FTE Employees||$250 /year|
|Manufacturer – Level III||Company with 21+ FTE Employees||$500 /year|
|Supply Chain||Two company representatives can participate at any given event.||$500/year|
|Partner||Dues, In-Kind Donation, or Reciprocal Membership,||$500 /year|
|Associate – Level I||Membership for up to 2 employees||$1,000 /year|
|Associate – Level II||Membership for up to 5 employees||$2,000 /year|
|Associate – Level III||Membership for 6+ employees||$3,500 /year|
|Students||Post-secondary students are welcome to join SWI-MA, please provide proof of enrollment or recommendation from professor or SWI-MA member. Contact SWI-MA for additional details.|